Thursday 30 October 2014

Design Specification


Customer

What does the customer want?

I am making this game for students around the age of 16 so I will include content that they will enjoy playing such as: violence and possibly blood/gore.

What does the design brief say?

Create a Platform game for the students to play. The main character of this game ‘Max’ has to move from level to level dodging enemies which block his way whilst collecting gold. Max gets score from collecting gold and has to collect certain items to unlock doors, vents and shutes to progress to the next level. This is a platform game so I would expect Max to be able to jump over obstacles and enemies.

Who is the target audience?
My target audience will be people aged 7+. I chose this age as I want to create a game that includes mild violence and be available for a lot more people than say, a 12+ game.

Development
What sprites do we need?
I will create sprites for the main character (Max), the police, S.W.A.T and the boss “Sergeant Smoke”. I may also include civilians and/or alternate versions of Max and the enemies.

What sounds do we need?
I will need different radio and gun sounds for the enemies, and voice clips for Max when he jumps or dies. I will also need a Mario-styled “goomba stomp” sound for when Max jumps on an enemy.

How many levels do we want?
I will create either 5 or 7 levels to navigate through, each one getting progressively harder as you go on with the last level being a boss battle.

What other elements do we want?
I will include objects in my game such as lights to climb on, tables to slide over and doors to open.
Management
What do we want to do by the end of this session?
By the end of this session I want to have completed the design specification and move onto creating sprites.

How long do we have to create this game?
I have till around November to complete my game, which is about a month.

How can we break down the tasks in making a game?
I will create a plan which orders the criteria I need to include and shows how long I have to complete them.

06/11 UPDATE: By the end of this session, I hope to have created the layout for my game, the camera options and the coding for the main character.
11/11 UPDATE: By the end of this session, I hope to have... I have also decided to change the layout of my game so that the levels are one on top of another instead of two next to each other going down.

No comments:

Post a Comment