Wednesday 17 December 2014

P2 - Concept Art

Wayne’s brief
Create a Platform game for the students to play. The main character of this game ‘Max’ has to move from level to level dodging enemies which block his way whilst collecting gold. Max gets score from collecting gold and has to collect certain items to unlock the next levels. This is a platform game so I would expect Max to be able to jump over obstacles and enemies.


My brief
The character of my game will be a Caucasian male called Max. Though, I could have made them female and called them Maxine if I wanted too. My game will be a unique drop-down styled platformer which has five 960 x 416 levels, each one getting progressively more difficult as you go down. There will also be two types of bonus loot to collect in the form of gold bars and diamonds. I will make objects for each solid object in my game as well as an invisible object which be used to block off certain areas. For sprites I will make them in a PNG format and apply them to every object in my game and I could possibly make more if I have time to add animations. I will also make my game on “GameMaker” as it is free from the South Leicestershire College facilities.


montage of sprites.jpg

I have made sure that my sprites are original and not similar to others, my game will contain mild violence relative to the age that I’ve decided on. I have used the “cel-shaded” art style for these sprites….

No comments:

Post a Comment